A Fund for Our Community
The Community Foundation of Western Nevada created the Community Endowment to build a never-ending resource of charitable funds. The Community Endowment is not a gift for our children. It is a legacy that we will pass on to them. They can use the Community Endowment grants to create positive outcomes, and address the challenges of their time.
What Will the Community Endowment Support?
- Local nonprofits making a vital difference
- Studies and projects of regional importance
- Community initiatives aimed at social impact
- Address community challenges as they arise
- At least 10% is reserved to aid in national and regional natural disasters, emergencies, or other crises annually Community Fund grants may not be used for Community Foundation overhead.
The Community Fund Advisory Committee
An advisory committee will form annually to decide how funds are distributed. The advisory committee will consist of:
- 8 Community Foundation Board members
- 3 Community Foundation staff
- 4 members of the community representing diverse perspective and geographic reach